Third Day: Konya - Cappadocia
This day was perhaps our longest day of travelling. Well our tour guide taught us some of Turkish language and told us stories-histories of Turkey, but most of the time I was sleeping.
 |
| loong journey |
We visited Mevlana Museum in Konya, where it contains the tomb of the Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi.
 |
| Tomb of Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi |
 |
| Thousands of people came here every year |
To be honest, I don't quite understand why we visited this place, because I don't know about the history. I just imagined it's famous with it's ceremony in which they remember Allah through whirling movements.
 |
| Wax figures |
 |
| The door is made short so that the scholars bow to the teacher when entering the room |
We stop by at few Mosques on our way to Cappadocia for rest and perform our prayer. I also took this opportunities to '
mengeteh' Turkish style.
 |
| Thick yoghurt, honey and poppy seeds |
 |
| 'mengeteh' Turkish style |
Day four: Cappadocia
It's time for hot air balloon guys!! FYI I did hesitate a lot when deciding on whether I should ride the expensive hot air balloon or not (It costs me 220USD=appx RM1000). Lol
I was kinda in a tight budget at that time. I called my big sis to ask for her opinion, then she told me not to be too stingy when travelling. So here we go!
 |
| We had to be there before fajr and before it gets too windy! |
 |
| pretty view from the sky, masyaAllah! |
 |
| candies floating in the sky |
 |
| Celebrating of the experience with a toast! (Ignore the makcik at the back lol) |
Next we went back to our hotel for breakfast, before continuing our journey to the pigeon valley, and visiting the Kaymakli Underground City.
 |
| Our hotel in Cappadocia |
 |
| Dessert!! Yummeyh |
 |
| pigeon valley |
The underground city consists of living quarters, sleeping rooms, stables, communal kitchens, church, graveyard, etc. We had the opportunities to see ourselves and descend underground. hoyeah!
 |
| The only good picture I managed to took as it was dark inside |
After that we had our lunch at the underground restaurant.
 |
| Lunch underground |
 |
| unique design of the restaurant |
We also went to textile shop and also were given the time to
cuci mata at the gem shop. (hiqh quality and of course, very expensive loh!) I was being told that the turqoise gem was the first gem in history and I was like, 'Oh, I see...'(with such an uninterested face hmm...)
 |
| 'mengeteh' again |
Day five: Ankara-Bolu
Next we visited the Attartuk Museum. It's just in the itineraries but there's nothing much here to tell. Then we stop by at the shopping outlet! (Bought my first abaya here)
 |
| Highway Outlet |
I just need to go shopping. See you again in my next post of Istanbul guys! Toodles *wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment